Thursday, April 23, 2009

Stephanie Naumoska controversy in Australia Miss Universe


A MISS Universe Australia finalist who weighs just 49kg has been branded underweight, unhealthy and too bony to be beautiful.

Naumoska's size came under scrutiny during final judging on Wednesday night, when the alarmingly thin and bony model was seen strutting the beauty pageant catwalk dressed in a skimpy red bikini.

"I think it is very unfair that I have been criticised that I'm too skinny,'' Naumoska said.

"I have never been anorexic or bulimic I don't throw up my meals after I eat them I don't starve myself, none of that.

"I eat six to eight healthy meals a day.''

Stephanie Naumoska is 1.8 m or 5 feet 11 inches and weighs 40 kg or 108 pounds. Naumoska’s body mass index was 15.1,which is under 18, the official benchmark for malnutrition.

Rosanna Capolingua, the president of Australian Medical Association, said the beauty pageant should have a minimum BMI of 20 as the benchmark.


"I'm here to defend the skinny people,'' Naumoska told A Current Affair last night.

"I have been modelling since I was 13 and have a lot of friends who are really tall and skinny.

"It is just the way that our bodies are.''

But her gaunt appearance left onlookers aghast at the Miss Universe Australia finals in Sydney.

Fashion designer and Miss Universe Australia judge Charlie Brown conceded Naumoska was too thin.

"Yes she was too skinny but that's not why I didn't choose her,'' Brown said.

Pageant director Deborah Miller also criticised reports Naumoska looked unhealthy and said her body type was typical of a girl with a Macedonia heritage.

Despite Naumoska's ribs and hip bones sharply sticking out from her skeletal frame on Wednesday night the model said she loved her body.

"I think everybody should love what they were given and this is the way my body is so I'm happy,'' she said.

Rachael Finch, a TV presenter and model, was the winner of the Australia Miss Universe beauty pageant.

More Hot Stories:
American Idol Top 5
Marilyn Admits Gay Affair with Gavin Rossdale
freda payne on American Idol

0 comments: